Manu Feildel Shares his tips on how to host the perfect brunch at home
There is nothing quite like sitting in the sun, with a cup of coffee on a beautiful Sunday. What makes it even more special, is spending the day with loved ones and enjoying a delicious brunch spread together.
“I love hosting brunch at our family home, even if it's just the four of us. My wife and I enjoy cooking and lounging around on a Sunday and the kids love a special treat on Sundays so it’s a great time to indulge as a family,” says Manu.
Manu’s tips for creating the perfect brunch at home with your loved ones:
- Keep everyone hydrated at all times: If you want to make it an extra special brunch, you can even include Mimosas on the menu for that special touch. I make the best ones, more champagne less orange juice!
- Get adventurous with your food choices: Buckwheat crepes are something that I like to whip up because they originate from Brittany in France, where I come from. Traditionally buckwheat flour based crepes are for savoury fillings and all purpose flour based crepes are for sweet fillings. Or you can simply cook your favourite egg breakfast recipe.
- Pick the perfect tunes: Ensure you have a mix of relaxed tunes and music to put on in the background. Setting the atmosphere at home is the most important thing and I personally like some cool jazz or some funky music.
- Get prepared ahead of time: The last thing you want is to be stuck in the kitchen for too long instead of enjoying your time with your family. Prepare as much of the food as you can so you can enjoy their company. I normally like to have finger food prepared the day before so there is no stress come the morning of the brunch.
- Take a DIY approach: I like a more DYI approach, place everything in the middle of the table and it’s a food feast! I love seeing arms crossing over the table reaching for different condiments and spreads, with glasses and plates clinking.
“At home, we love crepes because you can have them with sweet and savoury fillings, so there’s something that everyone will love. If you want to try something different with your crepes next time, check out my top crepe recipes for your next brunch!”
Check out Manu's Crepe Recipes Below: