Aromatic Red Pepper, Bean & Egg Curry
If you're looking for a versatile family dish that's gluten, dairy and sugar free while being vegetarian - you've found a winner with this aromatic red pepper, bean and egg curry recipe. While it packs a punch from all the fragrant spices that make the curry, feel free to adjust the amounts to suit the tastes of all family members.
- 8 eggs
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp black mustard seeds
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 3 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp ground chilli
- 1 white (170g) onion, peeled and finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 3cm (14g) piece ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 cup chopped (250g) tomatoes, you can use tinned tomatoes if easier
- 250ml coconut milk
- 200g green beans, trimmed
- 1 small (100g) red capsicum, seeded and sliced into strips
- fresh coriander leaves
- brown rice or quinoa
- toasted cashews
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil, add eggs and cook 6-8 minutes for a medium to hard boil. Remove from water and set aside.
- Heat a large frypan on medium heat, add coconut oil, mustard seeds, turmeric, coriander, garam masala and ground chilli and cook 1-2 minutes, or until spices are fragrant.
- Add onion, garlic, ginger and cook 4-5 minutes or until translucent.
- Add ½ cup (125ml) water, tomatoes and coconut milk, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add beans and capsicum for another 8-10 minutes. Whilst cooking, peel the eggs and slice in half.
- Once curry is cooked, toss eggs through the curry, garnish with coriander and toasted cashews and serve.