Aromatic Red Pepper, Bean & Egg Curry
A versatile family dish that accommodates most dietary requirements!
Gluten Free : Dairy Free : Sugar Free : Vegetarian
8 free range eggs
2 tablespoons coconut oil
1 teaspoon black mustard seeds
1 teaspoon ground turmeric
3 teaspoons ground coriander
1 teaspoon garam masala
½ teaspoon ground chilli
1 white (170g) onion, peeled and finely diced
3 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
3cm (14g) piece ginger, peeled and finely chopped
1 cup chopped (250g) tomatoes, you can use tinned tomatoes if easier
250ml coconut milk
200g green beans, trimmed
1 small (100g) red capsicum, seeded and sliced into strips
fresh coriander leaves
brown rice or quinoa
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil, add eggs and cook 6-8 minutes for a medium to hard boil. Remove from water and set aside.
- Heat a large frypan on medium heat, add coconut oil, mustard seeds, turmeric, coriander, garam masala and ground chilli and cook 1-2 minutes, or until spices are fragrant.
- Add onion, garlic, ginger and cook 4-5 minutes or until translucent.
- Add ½ cup (125ml) water, tomatoes and coconut milk, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add beans and capsicum for another 8-10 minutes. Whilst cooking, peel the eggs and slice in half.
- Once curry is cooked, toss eggs through the curry, garnish with coriander and toasted cashews and serve.