Asian Style Omelette
- Spray olive oil
- 400g mushrooms, sliced
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 green onions, sliced diagonally
- 1 tbs kecap manis (Indonesian soy sauce)
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves
- Spray a small non-stick frying pan lightly with oil.
- Add the mushrooms and stir fry for 2 minutes, just until soft. Set aside.
- Wipe out the frying pan and spray again.
- Reheat the frying pan and add 1/4 of the egg.
- Swirl to cover the base, and cook for about 2 minutes, dragging uncooked egg from the edges into the centre.
- When almost set, spoon 1/4 of the mushrooms onto half of the omelette.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 of the onions. Fold the omelette over the filling. Slide onto a plate, drizzle with kecap manis and sprinkle with coriander.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients to make four omelettes.
Note: Use a mixture of mushrooms such as button, shiitake or oyster. This mixture is easily divided to make fewer omelettes.