Asian-style scrambled egg breakfast
- Cooking oil spray
- 150g baby bok choy, halved lengthways
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 2 egg whites, at room temperature
- 2cm piece fresh ginger, finely grated
- 2 green onions (shallots), thinly sliced
- 1 fresh long green chilli, deseeded and chopped
- Oyster sauce, to serve
High protein breakfast recipe paired with Asian greens – the fusion of texture and flavour is something quite exceptional.
- Whisk eggs and egg whites together in a bowl. Season.
- Spray a medium non-stick frying pan with oil to grease. Heat over medium-low heat. Add bok choy and 1 tbs water. Cook until vibrant and almost tender. Transfer to a plate. Add green onions, ginger and chilli to pan. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until tender.
- Add egg mixture to pan and swirl to coat pan base. Cook without stirring for 30 seconds. Using a wide spatula, push the set eggs around outer edge toward the centre of the pan, tilting pan to allow the uncooked eggs to run over the base. Gently push eggs around pan every 15 seconds until soft folds form and one quarter mixture is unset.
- Remove from heat. Add bok choy and serve with a drizzle of oyster sauce.
Tip: If you prefer, replace the two eggs whites with one whole egg.