Asparagus, Pea and Tuna Omelette
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup peas
- 1 bunch asparagus, sliced and blanched
- 1 small can (95g) tuna in spring water
- Pepper to taste
- Oil spray
- Bring a small pot of water to boil, blanch asparagus and add peas, quickly cooking for ½ minute. Strain and set aside.
- Crack eggs into a bowl, season and whisk.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat, spray with oil and pour in half of the egg mix covering the base.
- Cook lightly while lifting and moving the egg around to cook more evenly.
- Just before the omelette is cooked, add half the asparagus, peas and drained tuna.
- Fold in half and slide onto a plate. Repeat the process for the second omelette.
Try using different flavour combinations, from zucchini and semi dried tomatoes to spinach and low fat crumbled feta cheese.
Serve with wholegrain toast for breakfast or after a workout or with a healthy side salad for lunch.