- Preparation time 30 mins
- Serves 4 people
- Download as PDF
A souffle is a great way to end a dinner party with a delicious dessert that melts in your mouth. Our banana souffle is a quick dessert that won't take you more than 30 minutes to pull together so it doubles as a sweat treat when you want to whip up something quick to satisfy that sugar craving!
- 1 large banana, ripe
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 egg whites, at room temperature
- 1 tbsp caster sugar + extra for ramekins
- Unsalted butter, for greasing
- Icing sugar
- Whipped cream
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- Prepare four ramekins by brushing them with melted butter all the way to the rims and then dust with caster sugar. Shake out any excess sugar.
- Blend the banana, honey and egg yolk in a small food processor until it forms a smooth mixture. Pour this mixture into a mixing bowl.
- Using either a hand-held mixer or a stand mixer, whisk the egg whites in a clean, dry bowl until they're foamy. Add the caster sugar and whisk until stiff peaks form.
- Spoon one third of the egg whites into the banana mixture and gently fold through until combined. Repeat with the rest of the egg whites until everything is just combined.
- Divide the mixture between the ramekins and place them on a baking tray. Smooth out the tops of the mixture with a knife and run your finger around the inside rim of each ramekin.
- Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes or till the souffles have risen and are golden brown on top. Dust with icing sugar and a place a dollop of cream on top and serve immediately.