Basted fried eggs with yoghurt and smoked paprika butter
- 2 fresh eggs
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 40g butter
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 sprigs of parsley, finely chopped
- 200g of labne or plain greek yoghurt
- Salt & pepper
- Greek pita
- Heat oil in a non stick pan over a medium heat and carefully crack eggs into a pan. Allow the sides to bubble up and become crisp. Now add the butter and garlic, and allow it to become foamy. Tilt the pan so all of the garlic butter gathers to one side and begin to baste the top of the eggs with hot butter, so it sets the whites, and lightly cooks the yolk.
- Place a large dollop of labne into shallow bowls and add eggs.
- To finish, add paprika, parsley, salt and pepper to the garlic butter in the pan, spoon over eggs and serve with toasted pita.
As seen on Everyday Gourmet with Justine Schofield.