Beef Ramen Recipe
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2cm piece ginger, peeled, grated
1 long red chilli, deseeded, finely chopped, plus extra, sliced, to serve
1L (4 cups) chicken stock
2 tablespoons salt-reduced soy
2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
1 cob of corn, husks and silk removed
1 bunch broccolini, trimmed, halved lengthways 200g Swiss brown mushrooms, halved
270g ramen noodles
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
400g eye fillet steak
2 green onions, thinly sliced diagonally
1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- Heat oil in a large deep saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic, ginger and chilli. Cook for 2 minutes or until aromatic. Add chicken stock and 3 cups of water and bring to the boil.
- Add corn and broccolini to stock. Cook broccolini for 2 minutes and corn for 5 minutes or until tender. Remove corn and place on a chopping board. Transfer broccolini to a bowl. Add mushrooms to stock and cook for 3 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon to bowl with broccolini. Add noodles to stock and cook for 4 minutes. Cut kernels from corn.
- Meanwhile, heat a frying pan over a medium high heat. Rub oil over steak and season. Cook for 3-4 minutes each side for medium-rare. Transfer to a plate and stand for 10 minutes. Thinly slice.
- Bring a medium saucepan of water to the boil. Reduce heat to low, and when bubbles subside, use a spoon to stir the water until a whirlpool forms. Break an egg into a small bowl and gently slide into whirlpool. Cook for 3 minutes or until white is cooked. Use a slotted spoon to transfer egg to a plate. Repeat with remaining eggs.
- Place noodles and stock into serving bowls. Top with broccolini, corn, mushrooms, beef and an egg. Sprinkle with onions, sesame seeds and chilli.