Big Oat Pancakes with Crispy Bacon and Ricotta
2 cups oatmeal
⅓ cup coconut flour
- 5 eggs
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¾ cup reduced fat milk
- 4 rashers fat-trimmed bacon
- 1 tbsp for cooking
- 300 g reduced fat ricotta
- Maple syrup (optional)
- Using a food processor, blend the oats until a fine consistency. Add in the coconut flour, eggs, baking powder and milk. Blend until smooth.
- Heat a non-stick pan. Cook bacon rashers until crispy. Set aside on paper towel to drain and keep warm.
- Using a non-stick fry pan, heat a tablespoon of oil on medium heat. Measure in ⅓ cup measures of the batter. Turn the heat to low, cook for two minutes on each side. Repeat the process with remaining batter.
- Serve pancakes topped with a spoonful of ricotta and a rasher of bacon.
Add a drizzle of maple syrup for a more indulgent breakfast
For a classic take on pancakes be sure to check out our Best Pancakes recipe today!