- Preparation time 30 mins
- Serves 4 people
- Download as PDF
Update your bagel recipe with this egg in the hole version that's bound to be a winner with the adults and kids! Swap out the cream cheese for tomato chutney and the smoked salmon for smoked ham and dress the bagel with an egg in top for a delicious alternative.
This simple bagel brekkie is a great way to whip up baked eggs on a completely edible base, forgoing baking dishes for washing!
- 1 large avocado
- 4 bagels, split and toasted
- ¼ cup tomato chutney
- 200g double smoked ham
- 4 eggs
- 20g baby rocket
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Mash the avocado and spread onto bagel bases then top with chutney and ham. Place onto prepared tray.
- Place bagel tops onto the tray and carefully crack an egg into the bagel holes, positioning the yolk over the hole. Place tray in oven and bake for 15 minutes or until the egg white is just set.
- Place rocket on top of ham and cover with bagel tops to serve.