Bubble and Squeak Turkey Fritters with Poached Eggs
150g leftover roast pumpkin
200g leftover roast potato
100g leftover roast carrot
180g leftover shredded roast turkey
60g (1/2 cup) grated cheddar
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped, plus extra leaves, to serve
1 egg, beaten
Salt and pepper
120g baby spinach leaves
1/4 cup flour, for dusting
Oil, to shallow fry
4 poached eggs, extra
Smoked paprika, to serve
250g cherry tomato medley, halved
Baby herbs, to serve
1. Combine the pumpkin, potato and carrot in a large bowl and mash together. Add the turkey, cheddar, mustard, parsley, egg, salt and pepper. Mix to combine.
2. Place spinach in a colander and pour over boiling water to wilt. Squeeze out excess water and mix with the vegetables.
3. Shape the veggie mixture into 4 patties about 10cm in diameter. Lightly toss in flour, shaking off excess.
4. Heat oil in a small non-stick frying pan over medium- high heat. Cook in batches for 3 minutes each side or until golden.
5. Place fritters on serving plates with the tomato and baby herbs. Top each with a poached egg and sprinkle with paprika and cracked black pepper.