Caramelised onion frittata
We've combined two of the most basic tips and tricks in this recipe with how to make caramelised onions and a frittata so combining the two is simply delicious! Try out the combination of both of these flavours with the mix of the balsamic vinegar and sugar caramelised onions throughout the baked egg mixture for a dinner you'll be coming back to time and again.
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 500g brown onions, sliced
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- Pinch of sugar
- Salt and cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp roughly chopped oregano
- ½ cup cream
- 50g feta, crumbled
- Heat a large non stick frying pan over medium low heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring occasionally for 25 minutes until deep golden brown. Stir through the balsamic, sugar, salt and pepper along with the oregano.
- Whisk together the eggs, cream, salt and pepper and pour into the pan. Move the mix around gently with a spatula to cover the base of the pan underneath the onions.
- Cook the frittata over low heat for 20-25 minutes then once the top has just set scatter over the feta. Continue cooking on the stove top for another 5 minutes then transfer to a preheated oven grill. Cook for 5 minutes or until golden and set.
- To serve, cut frittata into wedges and serve with a simple rocket salad.