Corn and Tuna Sweet Potatoes
For a sweet and savoury meal option that's delicious, the Corn and Tuna Sweet Potatoes are perfect for a mid-week dinner. If you want to get dinner on the table even faster, try baking the sweet potatoes ahead for a quick and easy family meal.
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 x 500g sweet potatoes
- 2 x 125g cans corn kernels, drained
- 185g can tuna in oil, drained, flaked
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, plus extra to serve
- 50g (½ cup) grated tasty cheese
- Mixed salad, to serve
- Micro herbs or steamed green vegetables, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/170°C.
- Place the sweet potatoes on a baking tray and bake for 50-60 minutes or until tender (test with a pointed knife in the side) and remove them from the oven and when cool enough to handle.
- Cut the sweet potatoes in half horizontally and scoop out the flesh, leaving about 1cm in the skin.
- Mash the sweet potato flesh with a fork and add the corn, tuna and parsley. Stir in the eggs, and season to taste. Place the sweet potato shells onto an oven tray lined with non-stick baking paper. Spoon the mixture into the sweet potato shells (if the shells are very soft, prop the sides with a little folded foil).
- Sprinkle cheese on top and bake for 25 minutes or until golden. Serve immediately with salad or steamed green vegetables.
Tip: To get ahead, you can pre-roast the sweet potatoes up to 2 days ahead.