Creamy Coconut Custards
6 egg yolks
½ cup coconut sugar
200ml coconut milk
200ml thickened cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
Whipped cream and toasted coconut flakes to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 170°C.
- Whisk the egg yolks with the sugar until well combined.
- In a saucepan, heat the coconut milk and thickened cream and stir to combine. Allow the coconut milk and cream to reach boiling point. When heated, slowly pour the hot liquid onto the egg mixture, whisking constantly to ensure a silky custard forms. Pour the custard into 4 ramekins.
- Place the filled ramekin dishes into a baking dish. Pour boiling water into the tray so that it comes halfway up the side of the ramekins. The water outside the ramekins will allow the custards to cook gently without burning in the oven.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until just set but still wobbly. Remove from the baking tray and allow to cool slightly.
- Serve with freshly whipped cream and toasted coconut flakes.