Crumbed fish with dill, lemon and cucumber yoghurt
- 35g (1/4 cup) plain flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 190g (1 cup) wholemeal couscous
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tsp finely grated lemon rind
- 4 x 125g firm white fish fillets
- 160g (2/3 cup) Greek yoghurt
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, deseeded, grated
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 120g mixed salad leaves
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Place flour on a large plate, eggs in a shallow bowl and combine couscous, parsley and lemon rind in a second shallow bowl
- Working one at a time, dip a fish fillet in the flour to coat shaking off excess, then the egg mixture and finally the couscous. Transfer to prepared tray and repeat with remaining fish fillets (see Tip).
- Lightly spray fish on both sides with oil. Bake fish for 15-20 minutes, turning fish halfway through cooking time, or until golden and crisp.
- Meanwhile, combine yoghurt, cucumber, garlic and dill in a small bowl. Serve fish with salad leaves, the yoghurt dressing and lemon wedges.
Tip: for babies and toddlers cut one portion of fish into small fish fingers or bites and coat in couscous as per step 2. Excess fish fingers can be wrapped in plastic wrap and frozen for up to 1 month. Bake fish fingers as per step 3. Combine 1 tbs mashed avocado, 1 tbs cottage cheese and ¼ hard-boiled egg, mashed. Serve fish fingers with peeled and cubed cucumber and avocado mash for dipping.
Wholemeal couscous is a high fibre alternative to regular breadcrumbs. Each serve of this recipe contains over one-quarter of the recommended daily fibre intake.
- 1833kj Energy
- 438cal Energy
- 40g Protein
- 12g Total fat
- 4g Saturated fat
- 38g Carbs (total)
- 206mg Sodium
- 8g Fibre
All nutrition values are per serve.