Easy Fruit Pancakes
A great pancake recipe that the kids can make. Be sure to get mum or dad’s help!
- 1 cup self raising flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 cup reduced fat milk
- 1 egg
- 40g butter, melted
- 1 cup canned diced peaches, pears or apricots, well drained on paper towel and/or sliced ripe banana
- Icing sugar, for dusting
- Sift flour and baking powder into a large bowl. Make a well in the centre. Whisk milk and egg in a jug then pour into the centre of flour mixture. Stir to form a smooth batter. Fold 2 tsp melted butter through mixture.
- Heat a medium non-stick frying pan over medium-low heat. Brush the base of the pan with melted butter. Spoon 1 ½ tbs batter into the pan and spread to form a 10cm round pancake.
- Sprinkle with chopped fruit or a few slices of banana. Cook for 3 minutes until bubbles appear on the surface. Turn and cook further 3-4 minutes until cooked through. Transfer to a plate.
- Repeat, reheating the pan and brushing with butter between batches.
- Top extra fruit and vanilla yoghurt to serve if you like.
The baking power add extra lightness to the cooked pancakes.
For a classic take on pancakes be sure to check out our Best Pancakes recipe today!