Easy “on-the-go” breakfast muffins
- Cooking oil spray
- 1 medium zucchini
- 8 eggs, at room temparature
- 2 tbs milk
- 1 medium carrot, coarsely grated
- 3 green onions (shallots), thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup reduced fat grated tasty cheese
Take the stress out of a busy morning with these tasty breakfast muffins. Make a batch on Sunday and freeze in portions of two or three. Thaw overnight in the fridge then simply pop into the microwave and serve with a piece of fresh fruit for a healthy and delicious breakfast anytime, anywhere.
- Preheat oven to 160°C fan-forced. Spray a 12 hole x 1/3-cup capacity with oil to grease. Grate zucchini. Firmly squeeze zucchini, then wrap in paper towel and squeeze again to remove excess moisture.
- Whisk eggs and milk in a large bowl. Stir in zucchini, carrot, green onions and frozen peas. Season and stir through cheese. Evenly spoon mixture into muffin pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes or golden and until set. Set aside in the pan for 5 minutes to cool then turn onto a wire rack. Serve hot or cold.
Reheat two room tempreature / thawed muffins on 50% for 1minute. Microwave power and times may vary so adjust according to your appiance.