Egg & Avocado Flipover
With avocado being one of the most popular breakfast topping options, our Egg & Avocado Flipover is bound to be a brunch winner or a quick and easy dinner!
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 60ml (¼ cup) low fat milk
- 1/3 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 3 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 small avocado, diced
- 1 small tomato, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- Basil, to serve
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the grill to high.
- Whisk eggs and milk in a medium bowl and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat two teaspoons of the oil in a non-stick 20cm frying pan. Pour in egg mixture and cook over medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until almost set.
- Sprinkle omelette with cheese and place under hot grill for a few minutes until puffed and golden.
- Toss the avocado, tomato and lemon juice with the remaining teaspoon of oil.
- Sprinkle the avocado mixture and half the herbs over one-half of omelette. Fold omelette in half and slide onto a warm plate to serve. Scatter with the remaining herbs.