Eggs Florentine Breakfast Bake
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 250g button mushrooms, sliced
- 200g baby spinach leaves
- 10 eggs
- 125ml (1/2 cup) milk
- 40g (1/2 cup) grated parmesan cheese
- 200g grape tomatoes, halved
- Basil leaves, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Lightly spray a 20 x 30cm (base measurement) baking tin with oil and line with baking paper.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook onion, stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until softened. Add garlic and mushrooms and cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until golden. Add spinach and stir until just wilted. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Whisk eggs, milk and half the parmesan together in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Spread mushroom mixture over base of prepared dish. Pour over egg mixture and evenly distribute vegetables. Top with halved cherry tomatoes cut side up and sprinkle with remaining parmesan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden and set. Let stand for 10 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature scattered with basil.
You can make this recipe in a baking tin or a baking dish (1.5 litre/ 6-cup). Cooking time will increase slightly in a baking dish.