Eggs with Herbed Mushrooms
This one pan recipe is the definition of quick, easy and delicious. You literally cook up everything in a frying pan and add the eggs. It really is that simple. What's even better is that you're likely to have all the ingredients at home already so it's ideal for those nights when you arrive home late from work and want to prepare something quick and nutritious that the whole family can enjoy together.
- 2 bunches broccolini, trimmed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 300g button mushrooms, halved
- 300g sliced Swiss brown mushrooms
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 8 eggs
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh chives
- Pinch chilli flakes, to serve (optional)
- Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add broccolini. Cook, adding a few tablespoons of water, for 5 minutes or until almost tender and water has evaporated.
- Add oil and mushrooms. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until mushrooms and broccolini are tender. Add thyme and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Make 8 indentations or spaces in the mushrooms and crack eggs into indentations. Cook for 3 minutes, sunny side up.
- Divide eggs, mushrooms and broccolini among plates. Top with chives and chilli (if using).
You could easily substitute any of the vegetables for other veggies you have in your pantry or fridge. Or even consider adding some chopped bacon at step 2 of the recipe.