- Preparation time 35 mins
- Serves 4 people
- Download as PDF
There's nothing better than a hearty pasta when you're craving comforting food so we've created this delicious and simple fettuccine Carbonara recipe to inspire your next dinner.
- 400g fettuccine
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 200g rindless bacon rashers, cut into thin strips
- ¾ cup light cooking cream
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup finely grated parmesan
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped parsley
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water as per packet instructions until tender. Drain and return to pan. Cover to keep warm.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and bacon. Cook, stirring often for 10 minutes or until golden. Stir in cream and warm through.
- Meanwhile, bring a medium saucepan of water to the boil. Reduce heat to low, and when bubbles subside, use a spoon to stir the water until a whirlpool forms. Break an egg into a small bowl and gently slide into whirlpool. Cook for 3 minutes or until white is cooked. Use a slotted spoon to transfer egg to a plate. Repeat with remaining eggs.
- Add hot bacon mixture to pasta with three-quarters of Parmesan and half the parsley. Toss until combined. Spoon pasta onto serving plates. Top each with an egg. Sprinkle with remaining parmesan and parsley and season with ground black pepper.