Fun brekky eggs in toast
Next time your on brekkie duty, get creative and whip up some fun eggs in toasts with cookie cutters you have available in your kitchen! You can even get the whole family involved including the kids with picking out their favourite shapes and using the cookie cutters to create their toast.
So if you're stuck on how to spice up your eggs on toast, the adults are bound to love this version too!
- 2 thick slices wholemeal bread
- Butter or margarine, for spreading
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- ¼ cup finely grated reduced fat tasty cheese
- Place bread onto a board and lightly spread both sides with butter or margarine. Using a cookie cutter, cut a fun shape out of the centre of each slice of bread.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Add the bread and cut-out shapes and cook for 2-3 minutes or until golden. Turn bread and crack an egg into the centre of each slice. Cook for 3-4 minutes until egg yolk is almost set. Sprinkle with cheese and heat until just melting.
- Serve each with matching cut-out shapes.
Tip: Get the kids involved by using their favourite cookie cutter shapes.
Want to know how to make perfect fried eggs, every time? Discover our easy fried eggs recipe today!