Giant Chorizo and Egg Sausage Roll
- 8 eggs
- 500g beef mince
- 2 (200g) fresh chorizo sausages, casings removed
- ½ red onion, grated
- 1 carrot, grated
- ½ cup dried breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- Tomato chutney, to serve
- Rocket leaves, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan forced. Line a large oven tray with baking paper.
- Bring a medium saucepan of water to a rapid simmer. Gently lower 6 of the eggs into water and begin timing for 5 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl of iced water to stop cooking. Peel and set aside.
- Squeeze chorizo mince from casings into a large bowl. Add beef mince, onion, carrot, breadcrumbs, parsley and 1 of the raw eggs. Season and mix well.
- Join pastry sheets together, overlapping by 2cm, to form 1 large rectangle. Spoon mince mixture lengthways along one side of pastry, leaving 2cm border at both short ends and along the other long end. Make a row of 6 indentations with the back of a spoon for the eggs. Add the eggs to the indentations.
- Lightly beat the remaining raw egg and use to brush pastry edges. Using the baking paper to help, roll up to enclose filling. Place seam-side down on prepared tray and tuck ends underneath. Score top at 2cm intervals. Brush with remaining beaten egg. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and bake for 45 minutes or until filling is cooked through and pastry is golden and puffed.
- Serve in slices with tomato chutney and rocket.