Gluten-free Apple & Almond Pancakes
Makes 8 pancakes
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk or almond milk
- 1 tbs coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbs maple syrup, plus extra to serve
- 1 ½ cups almond meal
- 1 tsp gluten free baking powder
- ½ cup grated green apple, plus extra sliced to serve
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Greek yoghurt and strawberries, to serve
- Natural almonds, roughly chopped, to sprinkle
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, oil and syrup together. Stir in almond meal, baking powder, grated apple and cinnamon. Mix to combine well.
- Heat a large, lightly greased non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Working in batches of 3, pour ¼ cups of batter into the pan. Cook pancakes for 2-3 minutes, until bubbles break on the surface and underside is golden brown. Flip over and cook for 1 minute.
- Serve topped with a dollop of Greek yoghurt, extra sliced apple and berries. Drizzle with extra maple syrup and sprinkle with almonds.
- 246 Serving size
- 1810kj Energy
- 433cal Energy
- 17g Protein
- 31g Total fat
- 7g Saturated fat
- 18g Carbs (total)
- 17g Carbs (sugar)
- 193mg Sodium
- 8g Fibre
All nutrition values are per serve.