Green Thai Frittata
Green Thai Frittata
- Preparation time 60 mins
- Download as PDF
A vegetarian and gluten-free version of the classic frittata with coconut milk and curry spices, this Green Thai Frittata recipe will be your new favourite.
- 1 bunch of broccolini
- 2 carrots, peeled and mandolined or finely sliced lengthways
- 1 large or 2 small heads of Pak choi, thoroughly rinsed
- 1 small zucchini, mandolined of finely sliced lengthways
- 6 700g eggs
- 1 tin of coconut milk
- 1 1/2-2 teaspoons green Thai curry paste (or more to you liking)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- Good splash of chilli sauce (eg Tabasco, or sriracha)
- Handful of Thai basil, roughly chopped
- Squeeze of lime juice or 1 teaspoon of rice vinegar
- Generous freshly cracked pepper
- Good grating of kaffir lime
- A handful of toasted coconut flakes
- Chilli, to taste
- Thai basil
- Bring a medium sized saucepan of salted water to the boil and blanch the broccolini and carrot slices for a couple of minutes. Transfer them to a sieve to steam dry, and blanch the Pak choi extremely quickly – ideally the leaves will remain firm.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs vigorously until the whites have broken down. Add the remaining ingredients for the frittata, and continue to whisk until the curry paste is completely incorporated, and the mixture smells fragrant.
- Arrange 3/4 of the vegetables in the lightly greased baking tin, reserving some to decorate (image shows 27cm oval Le Creuset).
- Once the vegetables are arranged, pour the frittata mixture over the top, and finish with the remaining decorative vegetables. Give the top a good spray with oil to prevent the vegetables from burning.
- Place the frittata in the oven for 35-45 minutes, or until it has completely set and the top is lovely and brown. If desired, finish under the grill for a few minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve with remaining Thai basil, toasted coconut flakes, chilli, and, if you’re feeling fancy, a squeeze of lime juice.
- Serving size 436g
- Energy 1570kJ 375kcal
- Protein 17.1g
- Total fat 29.2g
- Saturated fat 18.5g
- Carbs (total) 9.7g
- Carbs (sugar) 8.2g
- Sodium 946mg
- Fibre 6.3g
All nutrition values are per serve.