Ham and Egg Jaffle with Zucchini
- 125g (1 cup) grated zucchini
- 100g (1 cup) grated mozzarella
- 20g (1/2 cup) grated parmesan
- 150g leftover ham, chopped
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 5 eggs
- 8 slices seeded sandwich loaf
- Softened butter, to spread
- Tomato relish, to serve
1. Preheat jaffle machine according to manufacturer’s instructions.
2. Place the zucchini in a colander and squeeze out all moisture. Combine zucchini, mozzarella, Parmesan, ham, parsley, chilli, 1 of the eggs and salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
3. Butter one side of each slice of bread and place bread, buttered-side down. Spoon the zucchini mixture over bread and cover with remaining bread, buttered-side up.
4. Place into jaffle maker, close lid and cook for 3 minutes or until bread is golden and crisp and egg is cooked.
5. While the jaffles are cooking, heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Lightly grease and crack remaining eggs into the pan. Cook for 3 minutes or until sunny side up.
6. Serve the jaffles with fried eggs, tomato relish and baby parsley leaves.
Want to know how to make perfect fried eggs, every time? Discover our easy fried eggs recipe today!