Ham and Egg Jaffle with Zucchini
- 125g (1 cup) grated zucchini
- 100g (1 cup) grated mozzarella
- 20g (1/2 cup) grated parmesan
- 150g leftover ham, chopped
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 5 eggs
- 8 slices seeded sandwich loaf
- Softened butter, to spread
- Tomato relish, to serve
1. Preheat jaffle machine according to manufacturer’s instructions.
2. Place the zucchini in a colander and squeeze out all moisture. Combine zucchini, mozzarella, parmesan, ham, parsley, chilli, 1 of the eggs and salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
3. Butter one side of each slice of bread and place bread, buttered-side down. Spoon the zucchini mixture over bread and cover with remaining bread, buttered-side up.
4. Place into jaffle maker, close lid and cook for 3 minutes or until bread is golden and crisp and egg is cooked.
5. While the jaffles are cooking, heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Lightly grease and crack remaining eggs into the pan. Cook for 3 minutes or until sunny side up.
6. Serve the jaffles with fried eggs, tomato relish and baby parsley leaves.