Ham, Cranberry and Camembert French Toasts
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup milk
- 25g (1/3 cup) finely grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 1/4 cup (80g) cranberry jelly
- 4 slices (60g each) leftover Christmas ham
- 150g leftover camembert, sliced
- 2 tablespoons seeded mustard
- Butter, for greasing
- Extra seeded mustard, to serve
- Cornichons, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 120°C fan forced. Whisk eggs, milk, parmesan, salt and pepper together in a shallow dish.
2. Spread one side of half the bread slices with cranberry jelly and top with ham and camembert. Spread remaining bread with mustard and sandwich together.
3.Grease a large non-stick frying pan with butter and melt over medium heat. Dip 2 sandwiches into the egg mixture for about 15 seconds each side.
4. Add to pan and cook for 2-3 minutes each side or until golden brown. Transfer to an oven tray in the oven to keep warm. Repeat with remaining butter, egg mixture and sandwiches.
5. Slice French toast in half and serve with extra mustard and cornichons.
Tip: You can serve French toasts with a leafy green salad if you like.