Hash Brown Ham and Egg Nests
- 150g leftover Christmas ham, finely chopped, plus extra to serve
- 700g (about 2 large) potatoes, peeled and grated
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 20g (1/4 cup) grated Parmesan
- Salt and pepper
- 12 eggs
- 1 tbsp finely chopped chives
- Finely grated parmesan, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 180°C fan forced. Grease a 12-hole non-stick (1/3 cup-capacity) muffin pan.
2. Heat a large, lightly greased non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook ham for 4 minutes or until golden and crisp. Drain on paper towel.
3. Place peeled and grated potato in a colander and squeeze out all moisture. Transfer to a large bowl and add oil, parmesan and half the ham. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Divide the potato mixture into each muffin hole, pressing into base and up the sides with the back of a spoon.
5. Bake for 20–25 minutes. Crack an egg into each hash brown cup one and bake for a further 8–10 minutes or egg whites are cooked and egg yolk is just setting.
6. Scatter hash brown egg cups with chives, parmesan and remaining ham.