Healthy French Toast
For the recipe, you can use whatever bread you like. Jazz it up with a healthy banana bread or even a carrot cake slice (refined sugar free, of course). Or use your typical rye, multigrain or GF slice. It's easy, its dairy free and it's delicious.
I topped mine with some natural greek yoghurt, walnuts, diced tiger nuts and grilled peaches but you could use whatever you have in the fridge. And a small drizzle of rice malt syrup goes a long way. The 'icing sugar' effect is achieved by using coconut flour.
2 large eggs
1/2 cup nut milk of choice
2 slices of rye bread (or bread of choice)
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 tsp coconut sugar (optional)
- Whisk together eggs, nut milk, vanilla, cinnamon and coconut sugar until well combine
- Heat a non-stick pan on medium heat and drizzle about a tablespoon of coconut oil
- Place the bread in the egg mixture and soak on both sides
- Cook the bread in the pan for about 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown
- Slice the peaches in to eight (8) pieces and grill side down on the pan
- Layer the french toast with the peaches before sprinkling over your crunchy toppings of choice, yoghurt or coconut yoghurt and a drizzle of your sweetener of choice