Hearty Family Fritatta
This delicious fritatta is so easy to make that you just have to throw all the ingredients together to bake. Great for an easy family dinner that you can just set the timer on the oven and come back to it when ready!
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 zucchini, grated
- 200g piece kumara, peeled and grated
- 125g 98% fat free bacon, finely diced
- 1½ cup grated low fat tasty cheese
- 11/2 cups self raising flour
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 7 eggs
- Green salad
- Steamed vegetables
- Preheat oven to 180˚C and grease baking dish.
- Place onion and garlic into a saucepan with a tablespoon of water and cook for 1-2 minutes or until softened.
- Place the onion and garlic into a large mixing bowl and add the remaining ingredients and combine everything well. Pour the mixture into the greased baking dish and bake 60-70 minutes.
- Once baked, stand the frittata in the dish for 5 minutes and then slice into 6-8 squares. Serve with green salad or steamed vegetables.