Kale, bacon and egg salad
1 bunch curly kale
2 tablespoon light olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
300 g streaky bacon
1/3 cup currants
1/3 cup pine nuts
3 spring onions
1 lemon, rind and juice
Place the eggs in a saucepan of cold water. Bring to the boil for 5 minutes.
- Drain and sit the eggs in cold water for 3 minutes.
- Peel and cut eggs into large chunks, set aside.
- Remove the stems from the kale leaves, using a sharp knife.
- Tear the leaves into bite size pieces into a large bowl.
- Massage in the oil and salt with your hands, add the lemon juice and rind, toss well.
- Cook bacon in a heavy based pan until crispy, rendering out the fat, cut into small pieces and add to the kale.
- Gently toast the pine nuts in a pan, until golden. Slice the spring onions.
- Add all the prepared ingredients to the kale, toss gently and serve.