1½ cups self-raising flour
1½ cups (375mL) skim milk
1 tbs low fat spread
4 tbl strawberry jam
½ cup shredded coconut
1 dollop of cream
- Sift flour into a bowl. Make a well in the centre. Whisk together the milk and eggs in a large bowl.
- Add the milk mixture to the flour mixture, whisking constantly until a smooth batter forms.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over low heat and melt a little low fat spread.
- Add 2 tablespoons of mixture, spread quickly to form a circle. Cook until bubbly, a little dry around the edges, and lightly browned on the bottom; turn and brown the other side.
- Meanwhile, melt 100 grams of chocolate until silky.
- Spread chocolate and jam over each pancake before sprinkling with shredded coconut.
- Add a touch of decadence by serving with a dollop of cream.
Take your pancakes to new heights by serving in a layered stack or use a crepe batter and roll your creations.