Healthy Lentil and Feta Frittata
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup low fat milk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, thinly sliced
- 400g can lentils, rinsed, drained
- 310g jar roasted capsicum strips, drained (about 2/3 cup)
- 100g feta, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped, plus extra to serve
- 4 tomatoes, cut into wedges (use different colours and shapes if available)
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup small fresh basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 200°C conventional/180°C fan forced. Crack the eggs into a bowl, add milk and whisk. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a 20cm ovenproof frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes or until light golden. Add lentils and capsicum, stir to combine.
- Pour in the egg mixture and scatter with feta and chives. Bake in the oven for around 15-20 minutes or until cooked.
- Meanwhile, to make the tomato salad, combine tomato and onion in a bowl. Drizzle with oil and vinegar, season with pepper and scatter with basil leaves.
- Remove frittata from oven, leave to cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan. Scatter with extra chives and serve with the tomato salad.