Manu's Valentine's Day Breakfast Cassoulet
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 x 1cm thick slices speck or bacon
- 2 Toulouse or good quality thick pork sausages
- 400g tin cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 100ml chicken stock
- 200ml tomato passata
- 2 free range eggs
- 2 tbs fresh brioche breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves plus a few sprigs for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Place a heavy based frying pan over a high heat, add the olive oil. When the oil is hot, cook the spec and sausages, for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown on all sides. Remove and cut both the spec and the sausage in half through the middle.
- Return the pan to the heat and add drained cannellini beans, pour in the stock and bring to the boil. Then stir in the tomato passata and bring back to the boil. Add the sausage and speck back to the pan.
- Divide the sausage and bean mixture between two, 2 cup capacity ovenproof dishes. Carefully crack an egg into the center of each dish. Sprinkle over breadcrumbs and thyme leaves and sprigs.
- Bake the cassoulet for 10-12 minutes or until the egg whites have set and the yolks are still runny, or continue to cook until the eggs are to your liking. Serve.