Mexican Breakfast Eggs
Full of flavour, these Mexican breakfast eggs will be a hit in your household combining one of the most popular breakfast options of eggs and avo with a twist! Sat on a corn tortilla with a bean and tomato salsa mixture, this brekkie option is guaranteed to get you up and running in the morning and only takes 10 minutes to whip up, leaving you plenty of time to beat the clock and be on your way.
- 1 small can salt-reduced pinto beans, rinsed
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 small corn tortillas
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander leaves
- Oil spray
- Heat oven to 200°C.
- Combine the beans, lime juice, cumin, and ½ tablespoon of oil in a medium bowl.
- Brush the tortillas on both sides with ½ tablespoon of oil and place on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake until crisp, about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a large non-stick fry pan over medium heat and spray with oil. Crack the eggs into the pan and cook as desired, 2 to 4 minutes for slightly runny sunny-side-up eggs.
- Place the eggs onto the tortillas and top with the beans, tomato, avocado and coriander.
If you like to change it up with your breakfast meals, try this recipe with scrambled eggs to create a delicious breakfast burrito.