Mexican filled sweet potatoes with egg topper
- 2x 400g sweet potatoes
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 small red capsicum, deseeded, finely chopped
- 400g can kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- 125g can sweet corn kernels, drained
- 1 cup tasty cheese
- 100g frozen spinach, thawed
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup coriander sprigs, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 180C. Place sweet potato onto a baking tray.
2. Pierce sweet potato with a skewer 5 times.
3. Roast for 40 minutes or until soft. When cool enough to handle, halve lengthways and scoop out flesh. Place flesh into a bowl and mash.
4. Heat 1 tbs oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and capsicum and cook for 5 minutes or until tender.
5. Transfer to bowl with sweet potato and cool. Add kidney beans, corn and cheese. Squeeze liquid from spinach and stir through sweet potato mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Spoon sweet potato mixture into potato skins. Bake for 20 minutes or until filling is heated through.
7. Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a frying pan over a medium heat.
8. Crack eggs and add to frying pan. Cook for 3 minutes or until white is cooked. Place sweet potatoes onto serving plates and top with a fried egg and coriander sprigs.