Mexican pan egg frittata
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 small red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 yellow or red capsicum, halved, deseeded, sliced
- 1 cob sweet corn, kernels removed
- 1/3 cup coriander leaves, chopped
- 200g mini roma tomatoes, halved lengthways
- 8 large eggs, at room temperature
- Sought-bought tomato salsa, diced avocado, coriander leaves & lime wedges, to serve
Gather the family and share this incredible frittata packed with all the good stuff to get the day off to a great start.
- Preheat grill on medium-high. Heat oil over medium heat in a 20cm non-stick ovenproof frying pan with oil. Add onion and garlic and cook for 3-4 minutes until soft. Add capsicum and corn, cook, stirring often, for 4-5 minutes until capsicum softens. Stir in chopped coriander.
- Spread mixture evenly over the base of pan. Scatter tomatoes over mixture. Whisk eggs in a jug. Pour egg mixture over vegetables. Shake the pan to evenly distribute egg. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 8-10 minutes or until almost set.
- Place pan under hot grill for 3-5 minutes or until top just sets. Stand for 5 minutes then transfer to a board. Cut into wedges. Serve with tomato salsa, avocado, coriander and lime wedges.