Mexican pan frittata
Gather the family and share this incredible frittata packed with all the good stuff. Including a Mexican twist, this frittata will be bursting with flavour so great for kick starting the day or even for lunch.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 yellow or red capsicum, halved, deseeded, sliced
- 1 cob sweet corn, kernels removed
- 1/3 cup coriander leaves, chopped
- 200g mini roma tomatoes, halved lengthways
- 8 large eggs, at room temperature
- Store-bought tomato salsa
- Diced avocado, coriander leaves & lime wedges, to serve
- Preheat grill on medium-high and heat oil over medium heat in a 20cm non-stick ovenproof frying pan.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook for 3-4 minutes until soft in the pan then add the capsicum and corn, stirring often, for 4-5 minutes or until the capsicum softens. Stir in chopped coriander.
- Spread the mixture evenly over the base of the pan and scatter the tomatoes over mixture.
- Whisk the eggs in a jug then pour egg mixture over the vegetables. Shake the pan to evenly distribute egg. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 8-10 minutes or until almost set.
- Place pan under hot grill for 3-5 minutes or until top just sets. Stand for 5 minutes then transfer to a board.
- Cut the frittata into wedges and serve with tomato salsa, avocado, coriander and lime wedges.