Perfect mid-week brekky after Taco Tuesday, this dish uses leftover tortillas (migas literally means 'crumbs' in Spanish) with eggs and your choice of toppings to create the ultimate breakfast...or lunch!....or dinner!
4 soft corn tortillas
¼ cup canola oil
salt and pepper, to season
1 tbs finely chopped onion
2 tbs roughly chopped coriander
¼ cup salsa
¼ cup crumbled queso fresca or mild feta
½ avocado, cubed
- Tear the tortillas into bite-sized pieces.
- Heat a medium frying pan over medium heat and add the oil.
- Fry the tortilla pieces for about 3 minutes until crisp.
- Add the eggs and season with salt and pepper. Move the eggs gently in the pan until the eggs are just set.
- Transfer to a plate and top with the onion, coriander, salsa, cheese and avocado.
Adam Liaw has put together a collection of recipes for World Egg Day 2020 to help Australians celebrate the deliciousness of eggs in all its forms. For the full collection click here.