Mini Almond Pancakes
- ½ cup (75g) plain flour
- ½ cup (50g) almond meal
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 60ml (¼ cup) milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 small banana
- ¼ cup blueberries mashed
- 1 ½ tbsp plain yoghurt
- Ground cinnamon, to sprinkle (optional)
- Sift flour and baking powder into a medium bowl. Stir in almond meal. Whisk eggs, milk and vanilla in a jug. Add egg mixture to flour mixture and whisk until well combined.
- Lightly spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and heat over medium-high heat. Spoon tablespoons of batter into pan to form 4 mini pancakes. Cook for 1-2 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through. Repeat with remaining batter to make 12 pancakes, spraying with a little more oil as required.
- Stir mashed blueberry through mashed banana. Add a dollop of yoghurt, then banana and blueberry mix on top of pancakes.
- Sprinkle over a pinch cinnamon if desired.
Tip: Leftover pancakes can be wrapped in plastic wrap and frozen for up to 1 month. Try serving topped with apple puree, mashed berries or ricotta.
These mini almond pancakes are perfect for toddlers aged 9 - 12 months.