Open Steak Sandwich
- 4 pieces round steak (heart smart) about 150g each
- Olive oil, spray
- 4 thick slices of sourdough bread
- 4 eggs
- 150g beetroot slices
- 1/4 cup tomato chutney
- baby rocket leaves, to serve
- Place the steaks between 2 sheets of plastic wrap and pound with a rolling pin to about 7mm thickness. Spray the meat with oil, and cook on a hot BBQ flat plate or char grill for 2 minutes each side. Move aside to rest and keep warm.
- Heat the bread on the BBQ and char-grill on both sides until lightly toasted. Cook the eggs on the flat plate until the white has set, or to your liking.
- Place the steaks onto the bread. Top with the beetroot slices, eggs and rocket leaves, with the chutney on the side. Serve immediately.
Want to know how to make perfect fried eggs, every time? Discover our easy fried eggs recipe today!