Pea and Bacon Frittata
- 25g butter, chopped
- 2 tsps olive oil
- 3 lean bacon rashers, finely chopped
- 2 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 3 green spring onions, finely sliced
- 3/4 cup frozen peas
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tblsp chopped mint
- 2 tblsps chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 100g feta cheese, crumbled
- 200g tub Greek-style yogurt
- 2 tblsps sun-dried tomato pesto
Salad, to serve
- To make pesto yogurt, combine yogurt and pesto in a small bowl. Season with pepper.
- Heat butter and oil in a non-stick frying pan (28cm diameter). Add bacon. Cook, stirring for about 3 minutes, or until lightly browned. Add zucchini. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Stir in spring onions and peas. Cook, stirring occasionally, for a further 2 minutes.
- Lightly whisk eggs in a jug with pepper, until combined. Pour eggs over pea mixture in pan and sprinkle with mint, parsley and parmesan and feta cheese.
- Remove frittata from stove top. Place under a hot grill for 4 minutes, or until eggs are set and top is browned.
- Turn out frittata onto a large serving plate. Cut into wedges, top with pesto yogurt and pepper. Serve with a salad.
Serve warm or cold. For a vegetarian alternative, omit bacon. No need to thaw peas before adding to the pan. If using fresh peas, boil or microwave until tender.