Pickled Eggs Recipe
- 12 eggs
- 1 ½ cups vinegar
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 tbsp mixed pickle spices (mustard seeds, pink peppercorn, allspice, cloves)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- Place eggs into a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to the boil and simmer for 4 minutes.
- Drain off the hot water and refresh the eggs under running cold water. Peel eggs and place into a sterilised pickle jar.
- In a small saucepan, heat the water, vinegar, spices, bay leaf and garlic and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat, cool slightly before pouring over the eggs, seal the jar and refrigerate for 2-3 days before serving as a snack, part of a meal or barbecue.
Serve with a wholegrain bread roll and a side salad for a balanced meal.
For extra spice, add one red chilli.