Raspberry Almond Muffins
- 250g self-raising flour
- 100g ground almonds
- 150g caster sugar
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 3 eggs
- 300mL buttermilk
- Zest of a lemon or orange
- 1 vanilla bean, seeds scraped or 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 100mL olive or other vegetable oil
- 250g fresh or frozen raspberries, plus extra to top
- Flaked almonds, to top
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line a muffin tray with muffin liners and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, ground almonds, sugar and bicarbonate of soda.
- In another bowl whisk together the eggs with the buttermilk, zest, vanilla and oil until smooth.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Gently stir in the raspberries and divide the batter amongst 8 muffin liners.
- Top each muffin with 3 raspberries and a scattering of flaked almonds.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes in the tin then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Recipe by Julia Busuttil