Salmon Soufflé Potatoes
Be adventurous with your next souffle and make it in a potato! The potato mash will give it a fantastic flavour and the salmon will make it more substantial with the added protein source.
- 4 sebago or other baking potatoes, 300-350g each
- 210g can red salmon, drained and flaked
- 1/2 cup grated Tasty cheese
- 1 tbsp chopped chives plus extra to serve
- 3 eggs, separated
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Scrub the potatoes and prick with a fork. Place onto an oven tray and bake for 1 hour 20 minutes, until tender when pierced. Remove from the oven, cut off the tops and scoop out the flesh (set aside flesh from 2 of the potatoes for another use), leaving a 1cm thick shell.
- Mash the cooked potato and combine with the salmon, cheese, chives and egg yolks and season to taste.
- Beat the egg whites until firm peaks form, and fold through the potato mixture. Spoon into the potato shells, and bake for 25 minutes, until puffed and golden brown. Serve sprinkled with extra chives.