Savoury Ham and Chargrilled Vegetable Bake
- 500-600g day old bread such as wholemeal sourdough (approx 6 thick slices)
- 300g char-grilled vegetables, drained
- ½ small red onion, finely sliced
- 200g leg ham, cut into a large dice
- ½ cup torn basil leaves
- 20 bambini bocconcini balls (or 100g grated mozzarella)
- 6 eggs
- 11/2 cups low fat milk
- 1 cup low fat grated tasty cheese
- Green salad
- Preheat oven 180˚ C and grease a 2 litre capacity baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cut crusts off bread and cut into large 3cm cubes; place into a mixing bowl and add char-grill vegetables, onion, ham and basil and toss to mix well. Spoon into baking dish evenly and scatter with basil leaves and bocconcini balls.
- Whisk eggs and milk together and season with freshly ground black pepper. Pour over bread and stand for 5 minutes.
- Top with grated cheese and bake for 35 minutes or until egg is set and bread is golden. Serve hot with fresh green salad or asparagus.