Whether you're entertaining or after a different take on dinner, this easy scotch eggs recipe will impress everyone at your table.
- 8 Eggs (hard boiled and peeled)
- 700g Low fat sausage mince (or your favourite low fat sausages with the skin removed)
- ¾ cup Plain flour
- 2 Eggs (beaten)
- 1 cup Breadcrumbs
- Lightly dust the boiled eggs with flour, shaking off excess and divide the sausage mince into eight equal portions.
- Place a portion of mince mixture in the palm of your hand and flatten meat. Place an egg in the centre. Form mince around egg, pressing edges together so egg is completely covered. Coat with flour, whisked egg and breadcrumb mixture.
- Heat oil to 180 C and cook scotch eggs for 4-5 minutes or until sausage meat is cooked and crumbs are browned. Lay on a paper towel to drain excess oil.