Scrambled Eggs with Smoked Salmon and Dill Butter
- 125g butter, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup finely chopped dill
- 18 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup cream
- salt and pepper, to taste
- extra 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 x 100g packets smoked salmon
- 10 small slices crusty bread
- extra fresh dill to garnish
Place butter, lemon juice and dill in a small bowl, stir with a wooden spoon until combined. Whisk eggs and cream in a large bowl until combined. Season with pepper. Melt extra butter in a large frying pan. Add egg mixture. Stir gently, over medium heat, until eggs are just set. Remove from heat and fold in smoked salmon. Meanwhile, cook bread under a hot grill until browned on both sides. Spread dill butter over one side of each toast and top with egg mixture. Garnish with extra fresh dill and serve immediately.
When beating eggs, it’s best to allow them to come to room temperature first, about 35 to 40 minutes.