- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground paprika
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded and diced
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 250g mini roma tomatoes, halved lengthways
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- Chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves & toasted bread or flatbread, to serve
A shared breakfast dish from North Africa full of colour and flavor.
- Heat oil in a medium (about 24cm base) non-stick heavy-based frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, cook, stirring often, for 3-4 minutes until softened. Stir in cumin, paprika and chilli flakes and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add capsicum and cook, stirring often, for 3-4 minutes until softening. Stir in canned tomatoes and mini roma tomatoes. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered and stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until thick.
- Make 4 indentations in the tomato mixture. Crack an egg into each. Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 8-10 minutes or until yolks are almost set, or cooked to your liking. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve with grilled bread.