Spaghetti with Poached Egg, Fresh Salmon and Baby Spinach
- 6 eggs
- 400g wholemeal spaghetti
- 300g fresh salmon, thinly sliced
- 1 ½ cups baby spinach
- 80ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- Pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup parmesan shavings
- A fresh avocado and pea salad, to serve
- Cook the spaghetti in a large pot of water.
- Poach the eggs and set aside.
- Place salmon and spinach into a large bowl.
- Once the pasta is cooked, lift it out of the water into the bowl stirring carefully. Add a little of the pasta water to bring it all together.
- Use the heat from the pasta and water will cook the salmon and spinach.
- Combine oil, lemon zest and juice, drizzle over the pasta, season with pepper.
- Place onto plates and top with the poached egg and some parmesan shavings.
Twist up this recipe for other times of the year by replacing the salmon with cooked chicken strips.
Serve with: A fresh avocado and pea salad.
- 217g Serving size
- 2112kj Energy
- 505cal Energy
- 27g Protein
- 24g Total fat
- 5g Saturated fat
- 42g Carbs (total)
- 1g Carbs (sugar)
- 171mg Sodium
All nutrition values are per serve.